Skip to main content

The Eagle Has Landed!



Hi All,

Okay - after much staring into space and slack-jawed drooling, I am back in Blighty after finally leaving Madrid (note mini bottle of champagne by way of celebration - and more satisfyingly, a nice cup of British Airways tea!). With my tan intact (!) and my mood improved, I shall be browsing blogs over the next few days and getting back in touch 'little and often'.

Outside, it's snowing very heavily, so I'm not sure what's going to happen next week - keep checking the UCA website for updates, and I'll post any relevant info here.

Oh yes - see bird's eye view of 'severe weather event' - it all looked rather beautiful from the plane! (less so from the M25).

Comments

  1. WOAH! BIG MISTAKE putting that picture up Phil.

    *opens Photoshop*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust my students implicitly... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but deep down you secretly dream of being the goalkeeper for 1958 World Cup winning Brazilian soccer team...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job you didn't have to take the Eurostar in or else you'd be in a dark French tunnel!

    The snow is not easing off , meaning England will probably be up and running again about June, but fingers crossed for Uni being open in a couple of days.

    We're living on an icicle floating next to Europe:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/8447023.stm

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. start again as i have stuff to add...

    glad you made it back to... sunny britain XD

    the image Sam is very impressive.

    u no phil, your going to stand out with that tan, against all the white... sun lol

    and i bet you go home to a house with heating and hot water... our boiler has broken :( so now we freezing our... bits off! thank goodness for gas heaters, but its only in one room of the house :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had that the week before Christmas Lisa.. ended up with a cold on Christmas day :X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bout bloody time too lol...
    ps never ever trust your students

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeeekkk jon, not good, thankfully i have managed to avoid that wearing two airs of pjs in bed and as many layers as i can wear during the day... i feel like an eskimo XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this temperature its the wind that gets me.

    my bedroom is nice and cold at night and early in the morning, i find i sleep better in a cold room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sleep better in a cold room also, but I can't work in a cold room, especially when I can see my own breath it's that cold ^^ I ended up dashing out to buy myself a small electric heater for my room haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment