Skip to main content

Animation tips from 'Flip'

Here's a blog you guys should start following. It deals with all sorts of animation tips that you might be interested in. HERE

Here's a specific one that I found very interesting.

A quick and intuitive way to adjust your timing between keyframes as you work ( in Maya ). I setup this little trick a few years ago and I can't live without it now...

I created two hotkeys that enable me to alter the duration between keyframes in the timeSlider. So say I had an action that hit a pose on frame 17, I can use these hotkeys to change my timing one frame at a time, so I can see how it feels when it hits on frame 15, 20, 23 or whatever really quickly and easily ( without having to select keys, slide things around in the dope sheet, or move keys around in the graph editor ).

here are the hotkey commands:
  • // add a frame ( I have this assigned to the + key )

    timeSliderEditKeys addInbetween;
  • // remove a frame ( I have this assigned to the - key )

    timeSliderEditKeys removeInbetween;


Comments