Skip to main content

Apologies & Thanks & More Apologies!


I just wanted to apologise to the first year for this afternoon's rather inauspicious screening of Avatar. I was besieged by gremlins - and then by fashion students, who I'd unwittingly rendered homeless after switching from Lecture Theatre 1 to 2. I was unable to view the film with you, as I was defending L2 from further interruption and absorbing the aftershocks created by the location-change.

More positively, I want to thank Chris Rogers for allowing us to break the seal on his brand new copy of the Special Edition - and big thanks too to Dan Rolph who leapt into the breach and deputised in my absence. The irony of showing the world's most technologically advanced film on a wonky projector wasn't lost on me - or you, no doubt! You were all really patient - and I hope you were able to enjoy the film after all!

There's lots I wanted to say about the movie in light of your current project. The biggest message I wanted to give was 'be inspired'! It's the penultimate week of your Space project and I know your energies may be running low, but I'm genuinely looking forward to the final crit and seeing your own 'Worlds Apart', so dig in, make work, be creative and do something extraordinary!

Apologies too to Alan and the second years: another consequence of Avatar's location switch, late start and epic running time was that Alan was unable to show 'Mars Attacks' as scheduled.

Comments

  1. It was really nice to change room, those seats are actually confortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was funny, L1 was playing up so I popped out to grab a coffee and when I got back everybody had gone... it was like one of those practical jokes. Found the re-location eventually though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - L2 is comfy - but it's the biggest too. which means that the biggest groups get first option - that said, L1 has surround sound - and those seats specially chosen to keep students awake! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say that, but having spent 5 years riding motorcycles to odd distant locations I find the L1 seats quite comfy after the first 10 minutes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment