Skip to main content

Maya problem @Alan

Hi Alan, hope you had a good Christmas?

I'm stuck on one of the camera rig tutorials and was wondering if you can help?


Here's a screenshot of my problem, I've created a nurbs plane and assigned a lambert material to it and loaded the HD_1080_Thirds.tif file into the colour channel with the alpha baked in. For some reason the hardware texturing isn't showing it as a grid? I checked the "alpha is luminance" box in the file node but that had no affect.

I did get an error message when creating the lambert stating : // Error:Object 'lambert_qualityMenu' not found. Is that the problem?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Hi Alan,

starting to panic a little now as texturing is a huge part of unit 3 and I really don't want this to affect my environment. I made a transparency map as suggested and loaded it into the transparency channel but it still has no affect... here's another screen shot....


I've made a solid red 1080 image without an alpha channel, loaded that into the colour channel with a transparency map, still nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is using jpeg images instead of tiffs.

Please HELP!

Thanks

Paul

Comments

  1. It looks like your image isn't connecting automatically to the Transparency channel. This could due to the way in which Photoshop has saved the .tiff (Ignoring the Alpha channel).

    If this continues to happen create a second black and white image for each(Thirds - diagonals) based upon the Alpha channels you already have(Simple copy and paste each into a new image). Then connect them into the transparency channel of each shader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan,

    Thanks for the advice. I have tried but still no joy! I have edited the post with a new screenshot for your consideration. I'm really baffled!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok no problem Paul. I'll take a look as soon as you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just figured it out!!! Thank GOD!!! I started the Pirate cove exercise and realised I had extra nodes on the bump and colour channels in the hypershade. Turned out the create 2d texture nodes was checked as projection, not normal. Not sure if this is the default for Maya 2011 or if I somehow changed it but panic over!!

    Thanks Alan. Happy new year btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your article made me very impressed. I enjoyed it, I would expect at your website, or more articles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment