Skip to main content

Keeping Up Momentum...

Hey everyone, I pondered on whether or not to post this on here, or my personal blog, but I hoped this would give me the most responses.

Correct me if wrong, but as of Friday, 1st, 2nd and 3rd years all came to the end of their projects. Now, after a much needed 12 hour sleep, I've found today rather slow and it almost seems weird not to be panicking or staying up until birds chirp.

What I want to ask, how does anyone manage to keep up the momentum that you build up towards the end of a project, and carry it on into the next? I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of a sharp deadline and don't want to 'forget' what it was like due to a week off.

Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks.
Elliot.

Comments

  1. Hmmmm, good question. One thing I would say is don't keep super 'deadline' worked up because you'll just burn yourself out and hit a 'wall'. Especially now that we do have a little relaxing space, use it. But remember this feeling, I guess. That feeling of pushing yourself and not stopping till your happy. Carry that feeling into the next project, and apply it.

    Thats what I would say atleast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd suggest that the feeling you're describing Elly, is the buzz that comes from being a part of something - shared values, shared deadlines, shared subjects of conversations and common goals. One very practical suggestion for keeping the energy levels nice and high is stay interested in what everyone else is doing - be a big communal presence, contribute positively, create opportunities for shared experience in the absence of group project dynamic. In short, make the most of your time embedded in a world with like-minded people - University is a bubble - a wonderful bubble - don't waste a single moment of it.

    Also, hard work - and the success it brings - is its own reward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest relaxing over the weekend. Come the Monday after however (especially reading week) I always found it pleasant to just work on something that you can enjoy without any pressure: a piece of concept art, casually research some things for a project or watch a Gnomom DVD etc There's lot of ways to keep in the working frame of mind. It's what you yourself make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the responses gentlemen, I shall definitely take these things into consideration. I like Toms idea of some light, yet meaningful work, and I'm starting to realise the benefits that come from being in a world of like minded people. The CG community is a splendid and ever growing one, one I'm proud to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeh Elly same feeling here, everything seems so much in slow motion, though as soon as possible i will apply this energy onto my next project, but guess what... no rushing!!! ... for now

    ReplyDelete
  6. yo just keep it moveing if you no wot i mean blessington

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment