Skip to main content

CGAA/ACT Live Commission Speed Paint Challenge 1: 04/03/2013


Welcome one and all to our first CGAA/ACT Speed Paint Challenge!

Listen to the musical extract below.  Listen again.

What does this music 'look' like?  What 'colour' is it?  What colours? What shape(s)?  What textures does it sound like?  Is it transparent? Opaque?  Is it simple? Complex? Graphical? Painterly? Impressionistic? Expressionistic? Architectural?  Organic?  Geometric?  All of the above?  None of the above?  You tell me!  Better still, show me :)

Listen, reflect, react, respond, paint!



  1. Create Photoshop file @ 4800 x 2700 pixels / 300ppi
  2. Paint!
  3. Use layers
  4. Save your painting as PSD file
  5. Dropbox your painting
  6. Blog your painting
  7. Job done.
  8. See you tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Hello my name is Hennie Clough, I'm on the Broadcast Media course at UCA in Maidstone and I'm looking to commission someone to create a title sequence for a project I'm working on and I was wondering if any of the students on this course would be interested in helping me. I am sure that they are all very busy but if anyone can help me that would be amazing or if you I could get in contact with past students who maybe more available that would also be great.

    Please email me at hennieclough@hotmail.co.uk so that I can explain the project fully.

    Thanks

    Hennie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment