Skip to main content

CGAA Summer Speed Paint Challenge, Guidelines and First Topic.



So the CGAA Summer Speed Paint Challenge is due to begin. Initially topics will have a 48 hour window, to see how we get on.  Although the most current offerings will be showcased at the appropriate time feel free to revisit any previous post.

Other than that the format will be the same as the Christmas ones, with a 9am start and finish time. I also won’t be limiting this to environments, the length of time we have to play with means we can introduce characters, items, vehicles, illustrative narratives and even whimsical subjects.

In terms of presentation on your blogs a simple post with the header :

CGAA Summer Speed Paint Challenge: (Insert subject title here)

Then your image plus a brief description if you wish.

For archiving purposes if you could create a file titled “CGAA summer speed paint” and store the final high resolution images there. This way if we need to print the images we have the best quality images available. For this reason working at 300 dpi is  also recommended as is working at a fairly decent image size.This gives an advantage at any printing stage. ( For example 4800 x 2700 (16:9)at 300 dpi will give an image size of 40.64cm x 22.86cm)

Any questions don’t hesitate to ask. If I am not following your blog then let me know so I don’t miss anyone.

With the formalities out of the way we can jump right in to the first subject.

I thought we should start with something whimsical so I have borrowed the title from Sir Frederic Leighton’s masterpiece,

Flaming June

 Hopefully this will usher in some good weather for us.  Don’t feel you have to reference the original in any way just take those two simple words as inspiration. Also I will make the dealine for this the first of June.



Take it away….

Comments

  1. Awesome idea Simon, can't wait to see what people produce. I'm away for a few days but I'll get painting when I'm back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be great to have you in the mix Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) , I don't think you've followed my blog but here it is - http://nadiayadallee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment